Privacy & Cookies
At Firefly Friends Ltd. we are committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit our website and its associated pages without giving out any personal information. However, in order to place an order, it is necessary to ask for personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address and credit card details. We may use this information to respond to your requests, queries and comments or to contact you via e-mail or mail to inform you of any new products or services we may offer.
Firefly Friends Ltd. is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Any information you provide will be securely held by Firefly Friends Ltd. and/or by the hosts of this website. You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. We reserve the right to charge a small fee for the provision of such information.
1. Information we collect about you
We are committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our websites. For this reason, the way in which we collect and store information, including personal data, is dependent on how our website and related services are used. We do not collect any sensitive data about you.
1.1 Social Media
By interacting with us on our Social Media channels you are consenting to our interaction with you on social media.
Your interaction with us on Social Media may also involve you submitting a photo or video. By interacting with us you consent to us using your image on our social media channels.
Images may also be used for training and other marketing purposes; including print, by Firefly Friends Ltd or our distribution partners.
Please let us know at anytime if you wish us to stop interacting with you on social media or using any of your information (images, videos etc) on our social media channels by contacting us on the details mention below.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive.
The site uses cookie and tracking technologies to distinguish you from other users of the site. These cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the site. It also allows us to improve your shopping experience on our site and allows us to gather information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site.
Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
Profiling/ Personalisation Cookies
This site also uses Profiing Cookies, which can only be installed upon your prior consent. Profiling cookies may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served.
Profiling cookies may include, according to the definition of the European Regulatory Authorities for the protection of personal data, profiling cookies for advertising purposes, retargeting cookies, Social media cookies and analytic cookies other than those used only for aggregate statistical analysis.
To prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent or download a web browser which prevents cookies from being stored at all http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/. Please note that switching cookies off may mean that some functionality on this site may also be switched off.
1.3 Retargeting Software
Our website may use re-targeting technologies. This enables us to advertise directly and personally to visitors who have already showed an interest in our products.
Re-targeting technologies analyse your cookies and display advertisements based on your past browsing behaviour.
1.4 Site Statistics
We gather data regarding the visitors to this Website using cookies and code which is embedded in the site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors' screen settings and other general information. Analytics does not gather any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to the site. We use and store only the general type of information to help us improve our websites services to our customers.
2. Information provided by you
We will also process data which you have provided to us. This includes but is not limit to:
- Personal Information that identifies you as an individual – Name, Home Address, Delivery Address, Contact Number, Email Address and credit card and other payment details when you purchase from the Firefly store.
- Information provided by you when creating an account on the Firefly by Leckey website.
- Information provided by you when completing a form on the Firefly by Leckey website or other third-party platforms e.g. Subscribing to our newsletter.
- Information provided when you enter a competition or promotion run by Firefly by Leckey.
- Information you provide to us via third parties such as Facebook and Olark.
- Information you provide when completing a survey run by Firefly for research purposes
You must ensure that in all instances that the information you provide is personal to you and no on else, accurate and up to date.
3. How we use your information
3.1 Information provided by you; We use your information in the following ways -
- For purposes relating to your order; e.g. to fulfil your order, to process your payment, notify you on your order status and to provide you with customer service.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us e.g. processing an order, entering a competition etc.
- To notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions and policies.
- To provide you with information about other products/services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to notify you of any promotions or competitions. You can unsubscribe from our mailing by contacting [email protected].
- To ensure that content from our site is presented to you in the most efficient manner.
3.2 Information collected by us; We use your information in the following ways -
- To process, fulfil and keep records of orders placed, purchases and returns.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented to you in the most efficient manner.
- To promote and advertise Firefly and its products.
- To measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- For Data Analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve your overall experience on the Firefly website.
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- For the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts.
- Collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience.
- To provide the products and services you have requested.
- To prevent fraud.
- Tor our own marketing, research and product development.
5. Will we share your information with third parties?
We assure you that we will not allow any Third-Party access or use of this private information without your permission unless this is necessary to fulfil and provide you with the service you require from us.
Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and information on your credit and debit card details. We assure you that we will protect these details from being misused or being taken by users with unauthorised access.
However, we share your information with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our products and services to you;
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- PayPal Credit if you choose to use their payment service to complete your order (Applicable to UK and USA customers only)
6. Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. For your added security all payment transactions are processed automatically by Stripe, and we are not party to your personal credit card or bank details.
Where you are asked to set out a username and password, for example creating an account on the website, you must ensure that the details provided are personal to you. You must keep all passwords confidential and should not share with any other person.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by;
- By updating your preferences
-By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within an email
- By contacting our Customer Service Team
7. How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you.
8. Your rights
At any time, you have the right:
- To request access to or a copy of information we hold about you
- To ask us to amend your information, if you believe it is inaccurate
- To ask us to stop sending you marketing messages
- To ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we don’t have the right to hold it.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times.
To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, please let us know if any of your personal details change.
9. How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]
10. Changes to policy