Recipe for Weight Gain: Tuna Salad with Walnuts and Raisins
For those kids who do have trouble gaining weight, eating foods that provide plenty of calories and protein can be important.
This recipe for tuna salad provides a dense source of calories by including tuna packed in oil (rather than water or brine), nuts, dried fruit and mayonnaise.
Served with crackers and fruit juice, this would be a great meal packed full of calories and protein!
Tuna Salad with Walnuts and Raisins
- 6-ounce can tuna packed in oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons yellow (or black) raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or more, if desired)
1. Open tuna and drain off oil.
2. Mix drained tuna with eggs, onion, relish, raisins, walnuts and mayonnaise.
3. Refrigerate until serving.